Braids are used in metaphors as symbols of interweaving and connecting. I have fond memories of growing up and braiding friends’ and family members’ hair, and them mine, and more recently braiding bread dough to later be baked for my wonderful husband. At our wedding, my husband and I braided together three cords to symbolize us and the loves that hold us together. More important than the braid are the memories of connection and togetherness that will be carried on through our lives.
The Plaited Gift Card Cozy was designed to add a warmhearted and handmade element to gifting occasions and to celebrate the connection of the relationships. It is designed as a quick knit for those inescapable last-minute gifts. (It’s okay, we all forget sometimes!)
An easy garter stitch pattern with some cables on reverse stockinette stitch make this a great project to ease yourself into cables. Make a cup of tea, pick up your knitting needles, and immerse yourself in some warm and fond memories as you knit up a beautiful and thoughtful gift card cozy.
- Yarn Maker: Malabrigo
- Yarn Base: Rios
- Fiber Content: 100% Superwash Merino
- Weight: Worsted / 10-Ply
- Put-Up: 210 yds / m per 3.5oz / 100g skein
- Number of Skeins Required: 1
- Length Required: 20 yds / 18m
Gauge in 4″ / 10cm
- Garter Stitch, Unwashed: 21 sts & 40 rows
- To produce raised, lofty cables.
- One 16″ (40cm) circular needle or straight needles in size needed to obtain gauge
- Designer Used: US7 / 4.0mm
- Cable Needle
- 3/8″ / 1cm diameter shank button
- Yarn Needle
- Folded in half and seamed for final dimensions:
- Width: 2.5″ / 6.5 cm
- Height: 4″ / 9.5cm
Click on linked text to visit the tutorial.
- Long Tail Cast On
- 2/2 LC
- 2/2 RC
Bind Off & Finishing
- Knit Bind Off
- Mattress Stitch
Have a question or need support? email amanda